Once all the components were installed, I wired the drive system. Busbars were used to connect most of the modules in series.
Three of the short cables used in the bench test were used where I needed diagonals to connect modules in series. The only reason I needed to do this was that I received an uneven number of left/right terminal configured battery modules.
I connected all the high-current cables first, since they were stiff and required a little finesse. I routed them in a way that would not create tight bends, leave too much slack, chafe on sharp metal edges, or interfere with the chain or rider.
I was able to re-use the cables from the bench test, but in many cases I had to cut off one end to shorten the cable or to route it through a grommet before attaching. Fortunately, I had extra lugs.
I connected the smaller wires next, routing them around the frame in the most inconspicuous way and securing them with zip ties. I referenced the schematic diagram many times to ensure I had it right.
When the drive system was wired up, I turned the key and hit the run switch. Thankfully, the relay and contactor clicked, and the controller and Cycle Analyst came alive. I twisted the throttle gently and the shaft turned!
At that point, the desire to ride became irresistible. So instead of working on the 12V system, I installed the sprocket and chain.
Next: Sprockets and Chain